Outdoor oil painting basics
Learn oil painting in a fun, friendly and supportive environment. This workshop is for students of all levels, including complete beginners. Explore the process of outdoor oil painting stage by stage, working with colour mixing and developing technical confidence and creative expression with the guidance of Nic. You will be able to experiment with a variety of approaches and subjects that are of interest to you.
- Whether you are looking to improve your skills or learn from scratch, this workshop caters to all levels.
- Learn outdoor oil painting stage by stage with techniques such as the thumbnail sketch in charcoal, beginning your painting with an imprimatura, color mixing, value, discover the beauty of a limited palette and much, much more.
- Unleash your creativity and meet like-minded people in a fun and friendly atmosphere, be immersed in nature.
*Materials are not included, however, a materials list will be provided upon booking this workshop
Here's a Sneak Peek at What You'll Discover
- How to choose the 'right' subject for you
- What paints and materials you need to paint outdoors
- What Nic does to create the right foundation for her painting
- The important first step (and why it's essential to the painting process)
- Setting your horizon line, and the best ways to establish perspective
- How to create depth and distance in your paintings
- Working with contrasts in the distance, and what this can do to enhance your composition
- Painting clouds, and more
- How to simplify each step so you don't get overwhelmed
- Common mistakes beginners make, and how to avoid them
- What you should know about painting light, and how to use it for spectacular effects
- Ways to give your painting a sense of depth
- What features to adjust as you go to make things "pop" and draw your viewer to the main points of interest
- What to bring out and what to "subdue" as your painting begins to take shape
- Making your final adjustments and adding the finishing details
- And much, much more!